Umami Burger Releases Mayer Hawthorne-Inspired Burger
Recipe of the day
- Ben & Jerry’s Are Open to Making Marijuana Ice Cream
- Häagen-Dazs Teams Up with Six Artisans Around the Country for Latest Ice Cream Collection
- 5 Things You Didn’t Know About Wonder Bread
- Attention: The Girl Scouts Have Come Out With a Thin Mint Ice Cream Sandwich
- Cotton Candy Oreos Are the Newest Product from the Oreo Rumor Mill
The world of music-food relationships has one more supporter; Umami Burger announced that their latest menu addition will be The Hawthorne, a burger made in homage to crooner Mayer Hawthorne.
Hawthorne, who releases his album "Where Does This Door Go" July 16, inspired the burger, also to be released in two Los Angeles locations, as well as San Francisco, Miami, and the New York Sixth Avenue location when it opens (which means soon, right?). So what exactly is The Hawthorne? A beef patty burger topped with cognac-infused parsnip purée, cognac fondue, hatch chiles, and hatch chiles straws.
"I'm a huge fan and it is quite an honor to be the first recording artist with my own Umami Burger. I wanted to create something that was distinctly me and something I would want to order on every visit. My personal motto is 'flashy but classy' and that's The Hawthorne. We nailed it," Hawthorne said in a press release. Check out the burger below, and listen to our personal favorite Mayer Hawthorne tune, "The Walk."
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts