Umami Burger Dabbling in Barbecue, Opening Roadhouse LA
Today on The Daily Meal
- Umami Burger Opens at The Grove in Los Angeles
- Umami Burger to Open Location in Miami, Up to 6 in New York
- The World Food Championships — Chili, Barbecue, Burgers, and More in Las Vegas
- Barbecue, the Deens Take Over South Beach Wine and Food’s Opening Night
- Los Angeles’ Burger Lounge Donates $35K to Hurricane Sandy Relief
- Cook and Janitor of Nursing Home Kept Working without Pay Because 'If We Left, They Wouldn't Have Nobody'
- Outpouring of Appreciation for Cook and Janitor Who Stayed Behind at Shuttered Nursing Home (and How You Can Help)
- America’s Unhealthiest Fast Foods
- Best Turkey Tips for Thanksgiving
- McDonald’s Hires Ex-MythBuster to Improve Self-Image
Just as Umami Burger is amping up for its New York openings (three locations have been announced so far), the restaurant group is snatching up known New York pitmaster Robbie Richter for a Los Angeles barbecue joint.
Partering up with restaurant event company This Is Not a Pop-Up, Umami Restaurant Group has taken on Robbie Richter, formerly of Hill Country and Zak Pelaccio's Fatty 'Cue to open Roadhouse LA at the Hollywood Improv this summer (8162 Melrose Ave.).
Richter, who left Fatty 'Cue back in 2011, has been mum about his upcoming projects; menu items look to be cross-cultured, with items like paneer and smoked curried goat gravy, pork ribs with a fish sauce, pimiento mac and cheese, and a "head of the day," not to mention whole shoulders of lamb, beef, or pork. "We are going to have fun infusing global flavors into such a uniquely American culinary genre," Umami CEO Adam Fleischman said in a press release.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts