Umami Burger Dabbling in Barbecue, Opening Roadhouse LA
Recipe of the day
- McDonald’s Is Actually Closing 700 Locations This Year
- A Male Version of Hooters Is Opening in Dallas, Texas
- In This Twisted World, Taco Bell Stock Is Up and Chipotle Stock Is Down
- Chipotle Rolls Out Delivery Across 67 Cities Including New York, Los Angeles, and Chicago
- Smooth Jazz and Fine Dining at Spaghettini in Beverly Hills: The Perfect Pairing
Just as Umami Burger is amping up for its New York openings (three locations have been announced so far), the restaurant group is snatching up known New York pitmaster Robbie Richter for a Los Angeles barbecue joint.
Partering up with restaurant event company This Is Not a Pop-Up, Umami Restaurant Group has taken on Robbie Richter, formerly of Hill Country and Zak Pelaccio's Fatty 'Cue to open Roadhouse LA at the Hollywood Improv this summer (8162 Melrose Ave.).
Richter, who left Fatty 'Cue back in 2011, has been mum about his upcoming projects; menu items look to be cross-cultured, with items like paneer and smoked curried goat gravy, pork ribs with a fish sauce, pimiento mac and cheese, and a "head of the day," not to mention whole shoulders of lamb, beef, or pork. "We are going to have fun infusing global flavors into such a uniquely American culinary genre," Umami CEO Adam Fleischman said in a press release.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts