Umami Burger Announces Second New York Location
Recipe of the day
- The 15 Biggest Failed Restaurant Chains
- McDonald’s Finally Announces Plans to Test All-Day Breakfast, Beginning in April
- Jose Andres Opens a Fast-Casual Restaurant on a Lucky College Campus
- Taco Bell Is Testing Super-Spicy Ghost Pepper and Habanero Sauces
- Unsuccessful Pizza Restaurant Busted for Trafficking Drugs
California-based burger maven Umami Burger has announced their second Manhattan location, slated to open in 2014.
According to a press release, a new waterfront dining terrace at Brookfield Place (right now, World Financial Center) is being constructed, with enough space to house 14 eateries for Wall Street suits to grab lunch. Currently on the roster? Los Angeles favorites Umami Burger and Sprinkles Cupcakes are already signed on, as well as local favorites Num Pang, Little Muenster, and Dos Toros Taqueria.
Currently, the dining terrace is slated to open in early 2014, which means finance guys have a whole year to wait before getting their own Umami Burger. But that's all right. We've been waiting for that first Manhattan location in the West Village for more than a year, especially since a representative tells us that the opening has been pushed back from its original March 2013 opening. Now we just want to know if the 1 percent burger will be available at the Financial District location.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts