The Ultimate Hot Toddy
Recipe of the day
- What Did The World's Most Notorious Criminals Request for Their Last Meals?
- ‘World’s Hottest Burger’ is Doused in Hot Sauce and Literally Set on Fire
- KFC is Launching Edible Coffee Cups Made of Cookies and Chocolate
- Fermented Shark and 10 More of the World’s Stinkiest Foods
- Foods That Make You Feel Fuller Longer
I love this time of year for many reasons, but first and foremost, I love it for the warm cocktails that are more readily available in bars, restaurants, and my own home. One of my favorite warm cocktails of the season is the Hot Toddy, not only because it warms up chilly bones, but because the mixture of sweet and spicy bourbon, honey, and lemon serves a more medicinal purpose than most over-the-counter drugs available on the market today.
Do you easily get a stuffy nose or head cold during the winter months? Drink a Hot Toddy. Prone to flu-like symptoms? Drink a Hot Toddy. Perhaps you are like me and you have a chronic cold/cough from December to March? Drink a Hot Toddy. Do you see the pattern here?
Today, we present you with two recipes for this classic cure-all cocktail. The first is the traditional version, what we all know as the beloved Hot Toddy. The second is a twist on the original, offering you a unique alternative for this timely beverage. Try one or try both, and let us know what you think. Cheers, and keep warm!
— Sara Kay, The Spir.it
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts