Two Boots Pizza Expanding to Nashville, Tennessee
Recipe of the day
- Thomas Keller to Open ‘Classic American’ Restaurant Within Upcoming Hudson Yards Project
- 10 Things You Didn't Know About TGI Friday's
- Danny Meyer and Owners of the Dead Rabbit to Open a Restaurant/Bar Concept Outside New York
- Hot Doug’s Returns to Chicago This June for a Weekend Hot Dog Festival
- There Are Only 2 Howard Johnson’s Restaurants Left in the Country
Two Boots Pizza took New York City by storm when it first opened in the East Village in 1987. Its unique style of pizza — authentic New York with a Cajun kick (the "two boots" are Italy and Louisiana) quickly caught on in the city, and an expansion soon followed. Eight locations are currently open in New York City, with two more in upstate New York, one in Los Angeles, and others in Bridgeport, Conn., Jersey City, and Baltimore. And while it’s surprising that a pizza chain with such Southern charm doesn’t have any actual Southern presence, apparently the founders felt the same way: it’s been announced that they’ll be opening an outpost soon right in the heart of Dixie, Nashville, Tenn.
Nashville Scene announced Tuesday that the popular chain will be moving into the former location of The Great Escape comic book and record store, on Broadway and Division Street.
Local artists are being brought in to decorate the space, and local chefs are being tapped to help create some unique additions to the menu, which features plenty of Louisiana-inspired charm (including the "Bayou Beast," a pizza topped with shrimp, Andouille sausage, and crawfish). They will also be offering pizza by the slice.
The 2,000-square-foot space will also feature a patio for outdoor dining, and should be opening up in May.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts