Twinkies Returning to Stores This Summer
Recipe of the day
- Parents Required to Sign Permission Slips for Kids to Eat Oreos
- Velveeta Bagel Bites and 9 More Insane Mashups That Could Come Out of the Kraft-Heinz Merger
- Heinz and Kraft Merge to Form World’s Fifth-Largest Food Company
- No More Ketchup Bottle Abuse: This No-Stick Bottle Invention Is Genius
- Olive Tree Disease Strikes Italy
Good news everyone: Twinkies will once again return to retail stores for fresh shipments, four months after the last shipment to Chicago in December.
Michael Cramer, executive vice president of new company Hostess Brands LLC, told NBC News that they expect to have them back in stores this summer. "We expect to be making and selling in July," Cramer told NBC News. "Probably the later half of the month before the product hits the stores."
Hostess Brands LLC, which was created after Apollo Global Management and Metropoulos & Co. bought most of the Hostess Snacks brands in April, will start hiring this weekend to resume production operations. The brand promises that Hostess Donettes and snack cakes will be the first to return, followed by the rest of the Hostess family — Ho Hos, Zingers, Ding Dongs, Suzy Q's, and Twinkies, of course.
And just in case you were worried that Twinkies just won't be the same anymore? "Everything will be as delicious and fattening as it always was," Cramer told NBC News. All is right in the world.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts