- Juan Mari Arzak born (1942)
Twinkies Officially Going Out of Business and More News
Recipe of the day
- Costco Will Cut Back on Chilean Salmon, Source Most From Norway
- Whole Foods Market’s Stock Drops, Does Not Meet Third-Quarter Earning Expectations
- This Mother Makes Detailed Cartoon Food Art Out of Healthy Meals for Her Son
- Could Emojis Be Used to Communicate Food Allergies?
- Did You Know That These 10 Small Food Companies Had Been Gobbled Up by Big Business?
The Daily Meal brings you the biggest news from the food world.
After failing to come up with an agreement with bakers on strike, Hostess is finally shutting down, ending the production of Twinkies. What will happen after the apocolypse? [CNN]
Since OpenTable makes $1 for every seated guest at a restaurant, restaurants actually prefer if you call in for a reservation. Who knew? [Chicago Tribune]
Chefs and Personalities
Tully Wilson, winner of competition show Chef Wanted, claims he never got his prize, which was supposedly a job offer at Olives in New York City from noted troublemaker Todd English. Lots of legal jargon and he said, she said is sure to ensue. [HuffPo]
Just for the holidays, here's a recap of the perfect pie crust. [NY Times]
Apparently, chefs are all about the wood-burning ovens now. Figures. [WSJ]
After scouring eBay, you might find yourself spending $180 on everything Guy Fieri-related. [Daily Dot]
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts