Turkey Fryers: The Best 5 to Buy for Thanksgiving
Today on The Daily Meal
- Cook and Janitor of Nursing Home Kept Working without Pay Because 'If We Left, They Wouldn't Have Nobody'
- Outpouring of Appreciation for Cook and Janitor Who Stayed Behind at Shuttered Nursing Home (and How You Can Help)
- 8 Irish Whiskies Beyond Jameson
- 8 Great Thanksgiving Toasts for Every Family
- How to Cook Turkey Breast for Thanksgiving
For those of you planning to attempt your first fried turkey this Thanksgiving, here is a great list of the five best turkey fryer models available. When purchasing a turkey fryer, consider a few important things:
Are you planning to fry your turkey indoors or outdoors? Outdoor fryers usually fire on propane, while indoor fryers are typically electric and may even be oil-less.
How many people are you serving? Be sure to buy a fryer that will easily fit the size bird you intend to serve. (With these models you can fry up to a 25-pound bird!)[slideshow:
Finally, consider cleanup. Indoor fryers are generally easier to clean-up, but they are geared toward cooking smaller birds.
I hope you enjoy your fried turkey this year — good luck!
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts