Dine Like the US President on the Road
Recipe of the day
- The Best Food Safety Tips for Blizzards
- Gordon Ramsay and 9 Other Chefs Who Cheated Death
- Michael Moore, Seth Rogen Banned from Michigan Restaurant over ‘American Sniper’ Comments
- Healthy and Fast: Wholesome Meals You Can Make in 30 Minutes or Less
- What is the Most Nutritious Vegetable You Could Have?
- D.O.M.: A Must-Have Restaurant Experience in Brazil
- Cancún, Las Vegas, and NYC: Top 3 Destinations for American Travelers in 2015
- Huntington Beach, Calif.: America’s Most Wallet-Friendly Food City
- 101 Best Restaurants in Latin America and the Caribbean
- 101 Best Restaurants in Latin America and the Caribbean 2013
While you may not be able to follow President Barack Obama on the campaign trail, you can travel and eat like he does when he’s crisscrossing the U.S.
Ross Babbit, senior vice president of programming at the Travel Channel, shared some of Obama's and former presidents Bill Clinton, George H.W. Bush, and George W. Bush’s favorite restaurants, which are featured on the Travel Channel’s new special Travel Like a President, airing Tuesday, Oct. 2 at 8 p.m.
Hosted by NBC News correspondent Peter Alexander, Travel Like a President gives an insider look at how the commander in chief travels and what he eats. Planning a weekend away or a simple night out involves as many as 200 hotel rooms, two jumbo 747s, two passenger jets, five helicopters, 35 motorcade vehicles, charter flights for the press, and a cast of hundreds of people involved in the preparation.
Part of the Travel Channel’s Travel Like… series, Travel Like the President follows Obama to the Waldorf-Astoria in New York City (where every president has stayed since Herbert Hoover), to his homecoming in Hawaii, and to an impromptu trip to Five Guys, but The Daily Meal has the scoop on nine of the presidential palate-pleasing restaurants favored by the first family.
Lauren Mack is the Travel Editor at The Daily Meal. Follow her on Twitter @lmack.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts