Travel Tips to Improve Your Summer Flights
Recipe of the day
- Beyoncé Poured a Bottle of Crazy-Expensive Champagne Into a Hot Tub and People Are Freaking Out
- A New ‘Breaking Bad’ Bar in London Lets You Don Gas Masks and ‘Cook’ Your Own Cocktails
- Bill Murray Jumps Out of a Cake for His Last David Letterman Appearance
- Bone Thugs-N-Harmony Rapper Saves Man Who Lost Control of His Car While in Diabetic Distress
- As ‘Mad Men’ Ends, Coca-Cola’s Iconic ‘I’d Like to Buy the World a Coke’ Is Don Draper’s Legacy
One of the many perks of summertime has to be the vacations that come with it—the traveling, not so much. Thanks to the ever-informative Buzzfeed, we now have a few extra tips on how to make your summer days spent at the airport a little more bearable.
While having to pay those extra few dollars for alcohol on flights within the country is definitely a pain, if you are travelling internationally this summer don’t worry about packing the extra cash—most international flights serve free alcohol! If that’s not a reason to update your passport this summer, we don’t know what is.
Also, if you’re really worried about not being able to booze it up during your flight, you can bring alcohol onto the plane as long as it is in a bottle 3.4 oz. or smaller (so either empty out those mini shampoo bottles or hit up the mini fridge before takeoff).
It also doesn’t hurt to learn the flight staff lingo. If your crumb crunchers (kids) are being too rowdy or you’re being part of the annoying gate lice (people who lurk at the boarding entrance), your airline attendants might not be so willing to make sure you get your flight snacks—and everyone knows the pretzel bags are the best part of flying.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts