- Fabio Viviani born (1978)
Travel Photo of the Day: Tamales
Recipe of the day
- Four Foodie Stops in Emilia-Romagna That Can’t Be Missed
- A Regional Italian Food Journey to Expo Milano 2015
- Courtyard Restaurant in Botswana is a Unique Experience in Cuisine and Culture
- Italy Throws a Great Party But Still Hasn’t Found the Solution to World Hunger
- The Waffle House Museum Will Make You Book a Flight to Georgia Immediately
A Latin American dish familiar to many Americans is the tamale. Wrapped in either corn or plantain leaves, traditional tamales are steamed and made of a corn-based dough known as masa that's filled with beef, pork, or chiles.
Want to try making your own tamales at home? Check out our tamales recipe!
Do you have a travel photo that you would like to share? Send it on over to lwilson[at]thedailymeal.com.
Follow The Daily Meal’s Travel editor Lauren Wilson on Twitter.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts