Top Food Personalities Choose Must-Haves for Your Super Bowl Party
All in one place, your favorite food personalities serve up entertaining tips
The Super Bowl is nearly here and regardless of which team you’re rooting for, if you’re hosting a party you definitely need to be prepared. Rather than scramble to figure out which foods to serve and how to manage your time best, get some advice from people who have taken the heat in the kitchen on more than one occasion.
Famous faces like Andrew Zimmern, Tom Colicchio, and Alton Brown are serving up their tips for a successful Super Bowl soirée, from what to serve to what to have on hand when you're short on time.
Here’s what they had to say:
• To ensure you have all the necessary cooking utensils handy to start cooking, chef and gustatory guru Alton Brown suggests using an apron that will hold anything and everything you might need to prep the meal.
• Host of Travel Channel’s Bizarre Foods Andrew Zimmern says it’s important to serve an appetizer that will please all your guests’ palates, such as savory and sweet almonds, cashews, and pistachios.
• Ted Allen, host of Food Network’s Chopped, suggests coating ribs and wings in BBQ sauce to ensuring the most flavor and leave a lasting impression with your guests.
• Even though this is a more casual soirée, Tom Colicchio, chef and judge of Bravo’s Top Chef, says it’s still important to use the highest-quality meat in appetizers and main courses.
• When cooking up french fries, fried chicken. or wings, Tom Colicchio says to make sure the oil temperature is constant, which means lighter, crisper favorites, yielding all-around better results
• Self-proclaimed drinking ambassador Zane Lamprey says to make sure you have a football-themed game on hand to play with guests for those who want to take a break from watching the game.
Now that you have the tips, head to our Ultimate Guide to the Super Bowl for everything you need for the big game!