Top Culinary Talent Set for Beaver Creek Food & Wine Weekend
Recipe of the day
- What Did The World's Most Notorious Criminals Request for Their Last Meals?
- ‘World’s Hottest Burger’ is Doused in Hot Sauce and Literally Set on Fire
- KFC is Launching Edible Coffee Cups Made of Cookies and Chocolate
- Fermented Shark and 10 More of the World’s Stinkiest Foods
- Foods That Make You Feel Fuller Longer
- Acclaimed Chef Peter Chang is Opening a Fast-Casual Concept called Peter Chang Wok
- Obese Chef Dropped Nearly 300 Pounds After His Friend Sent Him Mean Texts Every Day for Six Weeks
- Alex Guarnaschelli Talks Her Upcoming Restaurant and Love for Chocolate
- Australian Celebrity Chef Mark Best Brings Down-Under 'Bistronomy' to Sydney
- Watch: Cronut Creator Dominique Ansel on the Nature of Invention
Looking for a food-fueled ski getaway this January? We’d recommend the Second Annual Beaver Creek Food & Wine Weekend, taking place in Beaver Creek, Colo., from Jan. 24 to 27, 2013.
The roster of high-caliber chefs that will be in attendance is nothing short of stellar, and the events that are planned guarantee that the weekend will be a rollicking good time.
On the lineup: Gail Simmons, writer, special projects director at Food & Wine, and frequent guest judge on Bravo’s Top Chef; John Besh, New Orleans-based chef and owner of restaurants August, La Provence, Lüke, Besh Steak, Domenica, and The American Sector; Sam Talbot, chef, restaurateur, author, TV personality, and currently the host of AOL’s GMC "Trade Secrets"; Alex Seidel, chef and owner of Fruition Restaurant, named one of Food & Wine's Best New Chefs in America in 2010; Tim Love, chef and owner of The Woodshed Smokehouse, The Lonesome Dove Western Bistro, and The Love Shack in Fort Worth, Texas; Spike Mendelsohn, seen on Top Chef and currently on The Next Iron Chef, and chef/ owner of restaurants Good Stuff Eatery and We, The Pizza; and sommelier and journalist Anthony Giglio will be on hand to pair the food prepared with wines and spirits.
The events scheduled include a Meet the Chefs Reception, meals cooked up by the guest chefs, seminars, and even a "Celebrity Chef Ski Race" to raise money for charity. Those interested in more information can visit the website or call 970-754-4636.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts