Top Culinary Talent Set for Beaver Creek Food & Wine Weekend
Recipe of the day
- Neil Gaiman, Jeffrey Eugenides, and More Join Chipotle’s Cultivating Thought Series
- Guy Fieri’s Proposed ‘Hunt-Ryd’ Sonoma County Winery Rejected by Zoning Board
- Here’s an Amazing Photo of Chef José Andrés Hanging Out with a Stingray at the Cayman Cookout
- World Champion Boxer Floyd Mayweather, Jr. Says He and Gordon Ramsay will Open the World’s Best Restaurant Together
- Norman Van Aken's Kitchen Conversations: Sanford "Sandy" D'Amato
Looking for a food-fueled ski getaway this January? We’d recommend the Second Annual Beaver Creek Food & Wine Weekend, taking place in Beaver Creek, Colo., from Jan. 24 to 27, 2013.
The roster of high-caliber chefs that will be in attendance is nothing short of stellar, and the events that are planned guarantee that the weekend will be a rollicking good time.
On the lineup: Gail Simmons, writer, special projects director at Food & Wine, and frequent guest judge on Bravo’s Top Chef; John Besh, New Orleans-based chef and owner of restaurants August, La Provence, Lüke, Besh Steak, Domenica, and The American Sector; Sam Talbot, chef, restaurateur, author, TV personality, and currently the host of AOL’s GMC "Trade Secrets"; Alex Seidel, chef and owner of Fruition Restaurant, named one of Food & Wine's Best New Chefs in America in 2010; Tim Love, chef and owner of The Woodshed Smokehouse, The Lonesome Dove Western Bistro, and The Love Shack in Fort Worth, Texas; Spike Mendelsohn, seen on Top Chef and currently on The Next Iron Chef, and chef/ owner of restaurants Good Stuff Eatery and We, The Pizza; and sommelier and journalist Anthony Giglio will be on hand to pair the food prepared with wines and spirits.
The events scheduled include a Meet the Chefs Reception, meals cooked up by the guest chefs, seminars, and even a "Celebrity Chef Ski Race" to raise money for charity. Those interested in more information can visit the website or call 970-754-4636.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts