Top Critics Will Select World’s Top Restaurants for Foodie.com
Recipe of the day
- What Did The World's Most Notorious Criminals Request for Their Last Meals?
- ‘World’s Hottest Burger’ is Doused in Hot Sauce and Literally Set on Fire
- KFC is Launching Edible Coffee Cups Made of Cookies and Chocolate
- Fermented Shark and 10 More of the World’s Stinkiest Foods
- Foods That Make You Feel Fuller Longer
- Acclaimed Chef Peter Chang is Opening a Fast-Casual Concept called Peter Chang Wok
- Obese Chef Dropped Nearly 300 Pounds After His Friend Sent Him Mean Texts Every Day for Six Weeks
- Alex Guarnaschelli Talks Her Upcoming Restaurant and Love for Chocolate
- Australian Celebrity Chef Mark Best Brings Down-Under 'Bistronomy' to Sydney
- Watch: Cronut Creator Dominique Ansel on the Nature of Invention
Glam Media, the company behind Foodie.com, has announced that they’ve brought on board some of the world’s most well-respected restaurant critics to discern the best restaurants in the world, to be featured on the food site.
"The current food criticism and recommendation model is fundamentally broken — the rise of un-curated online user reviews against the old traditional restaurant guides of anonymous critics has resulted in a loss in the value of professional food critics, especially in a social digital world of sophisticated foodies," said Samir Arora, Glam Media chairman and CEO. "Our goal is to build an ecosystem of curated and owned editorial content, bringing together the voices of influential content creators and critics with the large reach of over 12 million users a month in our Foodie vertical."
The lineup of critics really is quite something, bringing in the most knowledgeable voices the world over They include: Charles Champion (United Kingdom), Gael Greene (USA), Aun Ko (China), Kundo Koyama (Japan), Alexander Lobrano (France), Sam Ohta (Japan), Ruth Reichl (USA), Vir Sanghvi (India), Bruno Verjus (France), Patricia Wells (France) and Masuhiro Yamamoto (Japan).
And if you haven't checked out our recent article about what some leading chefs think about the top critics, make sure you give it a read!
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts