- Food Bank Week Begins
Tomatillo Corn Salsa Recipe
- 5 small tomatillos, peeled
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh jalapeño pepper
- 1/3 cup onion, finely chopped
- ½ cup cooked corn kernels
- ½teaspoon cracked black pepper
- Juice of ½ lime
- Dash of ground cumin seeds
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, chopped and loosely packed
- Salt, to taste
The main ingredient in salsa verde, tomatillos are like tangy cherry tomatoes but more fibrous. The addition of sweet yellow corn balances out the tartness of the tomatillos and lime juice. Serve this mild salsa with tortilla chips or use as a chunky topping for enchiladas.
Puree tomatillos in food processor. Remove and place in a serving bowl. Add the corn, onions and jalapeño.
Stir in the lime juice, pepper, cilantro and cumin. Salt to taste.
Calories per serving:29 calories
Dietary restrictions:Low Fat, Low Sodium Fat Free, Low Fat Abs, Sugar Conscious, Low Potassium, Kidney Friendly, Vegan, Vegetarian, Dairy Free, Gluten Free, Wheat Free, Egg Free, Milk Free, Peanut Free, Tree Nut Free, Soy Free, Fish Free, Shellfish Free, Pork Free, Alcohol Free, No Oil Added, No Sugar Added