Tomatillo Corn Salsa Recipe
Daily Value: 2%
Vegan, Vegetarian, Dairy-Free, Gluten-Free, Wheat-Free, Low-Fat-Abs, Sugar-Conscious
|Folic Acid (B9)||9µg||2%|
|Fatty acids, total monounsaturated||0g||0%|
|Fatty acids, total polyunsaturated||0g||0%|
Exclusive from The Daily Meal
The main ingredient in salsa verde, tomatillos are like tangy cherry tomatoes but more fibrous. The addition of sweet yellow corn balances out the tartness of the tomatillos and lime juice. Serve this mild salsa with tortilla chips or use as a chunky topping for enchiladas.
- 5 small tomatillos, peeled
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh jalapeño pepper
- 1/3 cup onion, finely chopped
- ½ cup cooked corn kernels
- ½teaspoon cracked black pepper
- Juice of ½ lime
- Dash of ground cumin seeds
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, chopped and loosely packed
- Salt, to taste
Puree tomatillos in food processor. Remove and place in a serving bowl. Add the corn, onions and jalapeño.
Stir in the lime juice, pepper, cilantro and cumin. Salt to taste.
Makes about 2-3 cups of salsa