Tom Colicchio Produces Hunger Documentary
Recipe of the day
- Mario Batali Created a Patti Smith-Inspired Linguine Recipe with Anchovies and Truffles
- Peek Inside ‘Chopped’ Judge Chris Santos’ New York City Apartment
- America’s 50 Most Powerful People in Food for 2015
- Is Papa John a Pizza Traitor? Pizza Mogul Caught Eating Slice with Knife and Fork
- Neil Gaiman, Jeffrey Eugenides, and More Join Chipotle’s Cultivating Thought Series
Tom Colicchio might be the local purveyor of butternut squash sandwiches in our neighborhood, but it looks like he's also going into the movie business, which makes sense considering his new show Hooked Up.
The Huffington Post reports that Colicchio, who was also supposed to appear in the pilot of Sex and the City way back when, is an executive producer of upcoming documentary A Place at the Table. On a decidedly more serious note, the documentary investigates the hunger epidemic in America through three people struggling to get food on their table: a single mother in Philadelphia with two kids, a fifth-grader in Colorado, and a second-grader in Mississippi with asthma and health issues.
Directors Kristi Jacobson and Lori Silverbush (the latter being Colicchio's wife) also feature sociologist Janet Poppendieck, author Raj Patel, and Marion Nestle, not to mention Tom Colicchio and Jeff Bridges.
Check out the trailer below, and the official poster.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts