Tom Colicchio, Eddie Huang Go Shark Fishing on New YouTube Show
Today on The Daily Meal
Recipe of the day
- 5 Things You Didn’t Know About Ina Garten
- Chef Alex Harrell Dishes on His Newly Opened New Orleans Hotspot, Angeline
- EJ Hodgkinson of King + Duke Brings Best of Atlanta to the James Beard House
- Taffer’s Take: Jon Taffer on How to Keep Your Bar Hot and Contemporary
- Marc Forgione on His Cookbook, Abolishing Tips, and His Favorite Vodka
YouTube's Reserve Channel has taken Eric Ripert and had him ask the tough questions to BFF Anthony Bourdain, and it seems like Tom Colicchio's new show Hooked Up is just about the same.
In the first episode, Colicchio takes Taiwanese-American chef Eddie Huang out shark fishing, where they chat about hip-hop, music, cooking, and all the other hot topics that are big in the New York scene. Huang gets pitted against David Chang in the pork bun scene ("[Momofuku pork bun] is not an invention. It's like when Christopher Columbus came and said I discovered America. You encountered it," Huang said), choosing the McRib over the legendary pork bun. "It's the unicorn of all food items it comes once a year," Huang says.
There's also some talk about music, where Colicchio admits he's not that into hip-hop, especially live ("There's only so many times you can grab your crotch and prance around stage," he says), and Huang talks about his musical evolution. Best album to smoke pot to right now? Rick Ross' "God Forgives, I Don't." Watch the whole episode below.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts