- California Wine Month begins
Today is Ben and Jerry’s Free Cone Day!
Recipe of the day
Most popular Stories
- EXCLUSIVE: Baskin-Robbins Celebrates 70th Birthday with Banana Splits and Mini Cupcakes
- Enterprising Genius Invents Gadget to Keep Roommates From Stealing Your Nutella
- Food Truck-Goers Will Soon Be Able to Pay Using Apple Pay
- Bread From Sara Lee, Nature’s Harvest, and Other Brands Recalled Over Glass Fragments
- Dunkin’ Donuts and Reese’s Have Teamed Up for the Perfect Peanut Butter Doughnut
It’s the most delicious of food holidays! Today is the 35th annual Ben and Jerry’s Free Cone Day! We recommend getting out there to your local Ben and Jerry’s scoop shop before the line gets too long. You can choose up to two free scoops of any flavor you want (but you can only get one at a time, and will have to wait in line again to savor the second scoop). This year, the beloved ice cream company is looking to break its own record by giving away 1 million ice cream cones.
Why not try the brand-new (and delicious) core flavors, as tested and approved by The Daily Meal?
But today is not just about the delicious frozen treats; it’s about giving back to the community. Ben and Jerry’s has been doling out scoops on Free Cone Day every year while also partnering with local non-profit organizations to help raise money for community organizations.
“There is no better way to celebrate with worthwhile community partners than by using our biggest and best celebration of the year, Free Cone Day, as a way to shine the light on their efforts,” said Dave Stever, Ben & Jerry’s chief marketing officer.
See where your closest Ben and Jerry scoop shop is here
Joanna Fantozzi is an Associate Editor with The Daily Meal. Follow her on Twitter @JoannaFantozzi
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts