Toasty Tipples to Warm Up Cold Winter Nights
Recipe of the day
- What Did The World's Most Notorious Criminals Request for Their Last Meals?
- ‘World’s Hottest Burger’ is Doused in Hot Sauce and Literally Set on Fire
- KFC is Launching Edible Coffee Cups Made of Cookies and Chocolate
- Fermented Shark and 10 More of the World’s Stinkiest Foods
- Foods That Make You Feel Fuller Longer
Sure, a big sweater and blazing fireplace are a great way to get cozy during the autumn and winter chill, but there’s no better way to warm up in the cold weather seasons than with a hot ‘n’ toasty tipple.
Green your drinks with organic liquors, fruits and spices. Look for seasonal and local fruits to guarantee the freshest tasting winter beverage. If the drink requires a garnish, use some from your indoor garden or buy organic.
Sugar on the rim? Use raw sugar instead of white processed sugars.
You’ll already be doing your fair share of hot cocoa sipping and tea brewing, so why not amp up the fun with a splash (or three) of organic bourbon, spiced rum and some peppermint Schnapps?
Now that will surely spike your interest all season long!
—Christina Izzo, Green Bride Guide
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts