- St. Martha: Patron of Dieticians
Tip: Donate Your Leftover Wedding Food
Recipe of the day
Most popular Stories
- A Grande Affair to Remember: Barista Marries Former Customer at Starbucks
- 5 Budget-Friendly Recipe Tips for an Outdoor Summer Engagement Party
- Last-Minute Tips on Hosting Your Outdoor Wedding Reception
- Top Planning Tips for Hosting a Destination Wedding
- 5 Healthy Dishes to Serve During Your Summer Engagement Party
Consider donating leftover food from your wedding meal to a local homeless shelter, women's shelter or retirement homes.
Flowers, signage and centerpieces can also be donated to these locations to brighten up someone's day.
Make sure to check with your state and see if their regulations allow the donation of leftover food items.
If this is the case, provide your guests with recycled cardboard doggie bags and sustainable wooden utensils to bring home as many leftovers as they want.
Provide recycled paper bags with handles so they can carry out the food with ease at the end of the night.
More from Green Bride Guide:
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts