Tip: Donate Your Leftover Wedding Food
Today on The Daily Meal
- Cook and Janitor of Nursing Home Kept Working without Pay Because 'If We Left, They Wouldn't Have Nobody'
- Outpouring of Appreciation for Cook and Janitor Who Stayed Behind at Shuttered Nursing Home (and How You Can Help)
- 8 Irish Whiskies Beyond Jameson
- America’s Unhealthiest Fast Foods
- 8 Great Thanksgiving Toasts for Every Family
Consider donating leftover food from your wedding meal to a local homeless shelter, women's shelter or retirement homes.
Flowers, signage and centerpieces can also be donated to these locations to brighten up someone's day.
Make sure to check with your state and see if their regulations allow the donation of leftover food items.
If this is the case, provide your guests with recycled cardboard doggie bags and sustainable wooden utensils to bring home as many leftovers as they want.
Provide recycled paper bags with handles so they can carry out the food with ease at the end of the night.
More from Green Bride Guide:
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts