Three-Bean Salad with Quinoa Recipe
Daily Value: 15%
Vegan, Vegetarian, Dairy-Free, Gluten-Free, Wheat-Free, Sugar-Conscious
|Folic Acid (B9)||350µg||88%|
|Fatty acids, total monounsaturated||1g||0%|
|Fatty acids, total polyunsaturated||2g||0%|
Pairs Well With
Exclusive from The Daily Meal
Summer green beans are here! Perhaps other beans, too, so substitute any of the three beans with what you can get on sale or from your garden... or the neighbors'. Canned garbanzos, pintos, or black beans are fine, too, in this beautiful and delicious summer salad that works as a side dish or protein-filled vegetarian entrée. Quinoa is a light, whole grain with plenty of protein itself; once you try it, you'll invite it back to your table again and again.
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa
- Salt and ground black pepper, to taste
- 1/2 pound green beans, trimmed and cut into 2-inch pieces, cooked and rinsed in cold water
- 1 1/2 cups frozen shelled edamame, thawed
- 1/2 cup chopped roasted red peppers
- One 15-ounce can kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup prepared Italian dressing
- 1 teaspoon dried tarragon
Rinse the quinoa under cold running water and drain. Bring 1 ¾ cups water to a boil in a small pot. Stir the quinoa and pinch of salt into water. Reduce the heat, cover, and simmer until tender and liquid is absorbed, 15-20 minutes. Uncover and let cool.
Put the cooled quinoa, green beans, edamame, peppers, kidney beans, dressing, and tarragon into a large bowl. Season with salt and pepper, to taste, and toss well. Serve chilled or at room temperature.
Recipe DetailsServings: 8
Special Designations: Vegetarian