The Thomas Keller Gift Guide
Recipe of the day
- Mario Batali Created a Patti Smith-Inspired Linguine Recipe with Anchovies and Truffles
- Peek Inside ‘Chopped’ Judge Chris Santos’ New York City Apartment
- America’s 50 Most Powerful People in Food for 2015
- Is Papa John a Pizza Traitor? Pizza Mogul Caught Eating Slice with Knife and Fork
- Neil Gaiman, Jeffrey Eugenides, and More Join Chipotle’s Cultivating Thought Series
Thomas Keller, the renowned chef behind Napa’s The French Laundry and New York’s Per Se, has released a curated line of gift sets for the holidays. Ranging from the expensive to the very expensive, they’re a faithful continuation of what you might expect from Keller’s high-end (and notoriously expensive) restaurants: luxurious, smartly arranged, and drool-worthy. They’re marketed as "experiences" instead of simple gift sets, and can all be purchased here.
The Chocolate Tart and Port Wine gift set ($250) contains everything needed to recreate Keller’s chocolate tart at home, with a bottle of Meyer Family port wine thrown in for good measure.
The French Laundry Sparkling Wine & Caviar gift set ($1,000) includes 2 ounces of Petrossian Royal Kaluga Caviar, a small bottle of Bollinger Special Cuvée Brut Champagne, a French Laundry buckwheat blini mix, and blini pan, spatula, and two mother-of-pearl caviar spoons.
Per Se’s Black Truffle Risotto gift box ($850) comes with a 3-ounce black truffle from Provence, an engraved wooden truffle shaver, and all the additional ingredients needed to recreate the restaurant’s black truffle risotto at home.
Keller is also selling autographed first-edition copies of his books Bouchon and Under Pressure for $300.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts