The Thomas Keller Gift Guide
Recipe of the day
- What Did The World's Most Notorious Criminals Request for Their Last Meals?
- ‘World’s Hottest Burger’ is Doused in Hot Sauce and Literally Set on Fire
- KFC is Launching Edible Coffee Cups Made of Cookies and Chocolate
- Fermented Shark and 10 More of the World’s Stinkiest Foods
- Foods That Make You Feel Fuller Longer
- Acclaimed Chef Peter Chang is Opening a Fast-Casual Concept called Peter Chang Wok
- Obese Chef Dropped Nearly 300 Pounds After His Friend Sent Him Mean Texts Every Day for Six Weeks
- Alex Guarnaschelli Talks Her Upcoming Restaurant and Love for Chocolate
- Australian Celebrity Chef Mark Best Brings Down-Under 'Bistronomy' to Sydney
- Watch: Cronut Creator Dominique Ansel on the Nature of Invention
Thomas Keller, the renowned chef behind Napa’s The French Laundry and New York’s Per Se, has released a curated line of gift sets for the holidays. Ranging from the expensive to the very expensive, they’re a faithful continuation of what you might expect from Keller’s high-end (and notoriously expensive) restaurants: luxurious, smartly arranged, and drool-worthy. They’re marketed as "experiences" instead of simple gift sets, and can all be purchased here.
The Chocolate Tart and Port Wine gift set ($250) contains everything needed to recreate Keller’s chocolate tart at home, with a bottle of Meyer Family port wine thrown in for good measure.
The French Laundry Sparkling Wine & Caviar gift set ($1,000) includes 2 ounces of Petrossian Royal Kaluga Caviar, a small bottle of Bollinger Special Cuvée Brut Champagne, a French Laundry buckwheat blini mix, and blini pan, spatula, and two mother-of-pearl caviar spoons.
Per Se’s Black Truffle Risotto gift box ($850) comes with a 3-ounce black truffle from Provence, an engraved wooden truffle shaver, and all the additional ingredients needed to recreate the restaurant’s black truffle risotto at home.
Keller is also selling autographed first-edition copies of his books Bouchon and Under Pressure for $300.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts