- Negroni Week begins
Thanksgiving Without Turkey: 7 Alternatives
Recipe of the day
- A ‘Puff, the Magic Dragon’-Themed Restaurant Chain Is in the Works
- Dunkin’ Donuts Puts Chips Ahoy- and Oreo-Flavored Coffee Drinks on the Menu
- Muslim Woman Says United Airlines Denied Her a Coke Can Because ‘It Could Be Used as a Weapon’
- Neil Young Blasts Monsanto, GMOs, and Starbucks in New Music Video
- El Celler de Can Roca Named 2015 Best Restaurant in the World on S.Pellegrino's Annual List
Some of us love the traditional Thanksgiving bird, and wouldn't be willing to give it up under any circumstances. But, for those of us who want to shake things up for the holiday a bit this year, we’ve compiled some fantastic recipes for turkey alternatives… and we’re not talking Tofurkey.
As food lovers with sophisticated palates have taken over the country, it’s becoming more and more common to try new main plates at Thanksgiving tables. Ham is a customary swap for turkey, but what about roasted and stuffed pork, or roast cod with crabmeat?
Depending on your tastes and the region that you live in, these substitutions are not unusual, and they are a great way to switch things up for your family, especially if they aren’t turkey lovers. For red-meat eaters, try switching to bison for a holiday dish. Feeling ultra-confident? Attempt a turducken (a turkey, duck, and chicken all-in one).
No matter what you choose to plate and carve this Thanksgiving, make sure you consult our recipes first for some great ideas on turkey alternatives.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts