- First espresso machine patented (1938)
Thanksgiving Is Not Impossible
Chefs such as Johnny Iuzzini and Michael Anthony give their turkey day advice
Today on The Daily Meal
Recipe of the day
- Blogger Spotlight: Savory Experiments
- ‘Waste Nothing’: An Interview with Adam Sappington, author of the ‘Heartlandia’ Cookbook
- Dora Charles, Former Chef for Paula Deen, Embarks on Her Own Path with Her First Cookbook, ‘A Real Southern Cook’
- A Slice of Americana: An Interview with Craig Priebe of ‘The United States of Pizza’
- A New Kind of Kosher: An Interview with Kim Kushner of ‘The New Kosher Cookbook’
Sam Sifton's book, Thanksgiving: How to Cook It Well, aims to be the Thanksgiving bible, with everything you need to know — from how to cook turkey faster to what to do with the bird after the meal, as well as what kitchen tools to have on hand, how to make all the trimmings, and even how to set the table.
With plenty of useful advice, anyone who has ever wondered how to make a better Thanksgiving meal, or how to make a Thanksgiving meal at all, will be in good hands. For people who are obsessed with perfecting their gravy, Sifton has created a Serious Pan Gravy recipe; for people who want to spruce up their sides, there's his Roasted Cauliflower with Anchovy Breadcrumbs; and for people who need to try something new for dessert, may we suggest Sifton's take on a classic — Pear Cobbler.
Will Budiaman is the Recipe Editor at The Daily Meal. Follow him on Twitter @WillBudiaman.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts