- St. Martha: Patron of Dieticians
Thanksgiving Breaks Instagram Records
Recipe of the day
Most popular Stories
- Thomas Keller on the Simplicity of Good Hospitality and What Young Cooks Must Have to Succeed
- The Best Young Culinary Minds: Zagat’s 30 Under 30 List Is Released
- An Interview with French Chef Cesar Troisgros: Part 2
- An Interview with French Chef Cesar Troisgros: Part 1
- Talking Chocolate with Mr. Chocolate, Master Chef Jacques Torres
This week millions of Americans came together with their loved ones to celebrate Thanksgiving with the time-honored tradition of posting pictures of their food on Instagram.
Thanksgiving is all about the food, and no meal can really be considered special these days unless it’s been photographed with an old-timey filter and posted on the Internet for posterity. And thanks to all the photos of turkeys and pumpkin pies, November 22 was the busiest day in Instagram’s history, according to a post on the company’s blog.
More than 10 million photos tagged “Thanksgiving” were posted on Thursday, and during the peak afternoon eating hours more than 200 photos were uploaded every second.
Many celebrities contributed to the Thanksgiving Day Instagram explosion. Oprah and Mariah Carey posted pictures of themselves cooking their holiday dinners, and all the Kardashians contributed photos of their own celebration.
According to Design & Trend, Instagram is expected to set new records over the rest of the holiday season, but it will take a lot of Christmas cookies to oust the king of all food days.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts