Thai Marinated Grilled Chicken Skewers
For the chicken
- 3 Pounds skinless, boneless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1/4 Cup cup soy sauce
- 3 Tablespoons firmly packed dark brown sugar
- 2 Tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 Tablespoons oil
- 1 Tablespoon curry powder
- 2 s garlic cloves, minced
- 1 Teaspoon finely minced fresh ginger
- 1/2 Teaspoon ground cardamom
- One 13.50-ounce can coconut milk
- 1/4 Cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/4 Cup firmly packed dark brown sugar
- 1 Tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 1/2 Teaspoon red curry paste
My kids cannot resist these tender, juicy Asian-inspired chicken skewers. The combination of ginger, cardamom, and curry, sweetened by brown sugar, is sweet, savory, and bold! Serve them with a side of peanut-coconut sauce and your taste buds will thank you.
Click here to see more Thai recipes.
For the chicken
Soak 24 wooden skewers in ice-cold water for 15 minutes to prevent them from burning; then set aside.
Place the chicken in a medium bowl. To make the marinade, whisk all the next 8 ingredients together in a separate bowl. Pour the marinade over the chicken and massage the meat with your hands for 1 minute to coat the cubes well. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and marinate in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour or as long as overnight.
Spray a grill rack with nonstick cooking spray and set the heat to high or use a grill pan. Thread 6-8 chicken cubes onto each skewer. When the grill is ready, cook the chicken for 8-10 minutes, turning the skewers over halfway through. Remove the skewers from the grill and allow the chicken to rest for a few minutes before serving.
Serve the Peanut-Coconut Sauce alongside.
Combine the coconut milk, peanut butter, brown sugar, soy sauce, and red curry paste in a saucepan and cook over medium heat for 3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts