Thai Marinated Grilled Chicken Skewers Recipe
Daily Value: 26%
|Folic Acid (B9)||23µg||6%|
|Fatty acids, total monounsaturated||11g||0%|
|Fatty acids, total polyunsaturated||6g||0%|
Exclusive from The Daily Meal
For the chicken:
- 3 pounds skinless, boneless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1/4 cup cup soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons firmly packed dark brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon finely minced fresh ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cardamom
- One 13.50-ounce can coconut milk
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/4 cup firmly packed dark brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 1/2 teaspoons red curry paste
For the chicken:
Soak 24 wooden skewers in ice-cold water for 15 minutes to prevent them from burning; then set aside.
Place the chicken in a medium bowl. To make the marinade, whisk all the next 8 ingredients together in a separate bowl. Pour the marinade over the chicken and massage the meat with your hands for 1 minute to coat the cubes well. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and marinate in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour or as long as overnight.
Spray a grill rack with nonstick cooking spray and set the heat to high or use a grill pan. Thread 6-8 chicken cubes onto each skewer. When the grill is ready, cook the chicken for 8-10 minutes, turning the skewers over halfway through. Remove the skewers from the grill and allow the chicken to rest for a few minutes before serving.
Serve the Peanut-Coconut Sauce alongside.
Combine the coconut milk, peanut butter, brown sugar, soy sauce, and red curry paste in a saucepan and cook over medium heat for 3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Recipe DetailsServings: 8