Taste Test: Whole Foods 365 Beef Taquitos
Today on The Daily Meal
Recipe of the day
- Iowa Declares State of Emergency Over Bird Flu
- Ghirardelli Comes Out with Decadent Chocolate Sauces and Brownie-Flavored Squares
- Cadbury and Nestlé Are in a Legal Battle Over the Shape of the Kit Kat Bar
- Cheetos-Flavored Popcorn: Coming Soon to a Movie Theater Snack Bar Near You
- The 10 Giant Corporations Behind Your Favorite Brands
A couple weeks ago, we sampled Whole Foods’ chicken taquitos, sold under their house brand, 365. We weren’t very impressed, as the corn tortilla was a bit tough and the chicken was mushy and tasteless. Unfortunately, we’re disappointed to say that while its beef counterpart fared better, it was only by a touch.
These rolled, fried corn tortillas surround shredded beef, and are sold frozen. We followed the directions by reheating them in the oven, and the resulting product was inoffensive, but not in a particularly good way. The tortillas were a bit mushy and cracked, and the beef filling tasted as if it hadn’t been seasoned at all. These are begging for salsa, sour cream, enchilada sauce, anything to kick them up a notch. Without it, the’re unfortunately so bland that they would be best suited for kids who refuse to eat anything but chicken nuggets and buttered noodles.
365 Beef Taquitos contain 280 calories, 16 grams of fat, and 240 milligrams of sodium in a serving of three.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts