Taste Test: Whole Foods 365 Beef Taquitos
Recipe of the day
- 5 Things You Didn’t Know About Wonder Bread
- Attention: The Girl Scouts Have Come Out With a Thin Mint Ice Cream Sandwich
- Cotton Candy Oreos Are the Newest Product from the Oreo Rumor Mill
- High-Tech Utensils Prevent You From Overeating
- EXCLUSIVE: Tic Tac Launches First New Mint Flavor in Years: Intense Spearmint Mix
A couple weeks ago, we sampled Whole Foods’ chicken taquitos, sold under their house brand, 365. We weren’t very impressed, as the corn tortilla was a bit tough and the chicken was mushy and tasteless. Unfortunately, we’re disappointed to say that while its beef counterpart fared better, it was only by a touch.
These rolled, fried corn tortillas surround shredded beef, and are sold frozen. We followed the directions by reheating them in the oven, and the resulting product was inoffensive, but not in a particularly good way. The tortillas were a bit mushy and cracked, and the beef filling tasted as if it hadn’t been seasoned at all. These are begging for salsa, sour cream, enchilada sauce, anything to kick them up a notch. Without it, the’re unfortunately so bland that they would be best suited for kids who refuse to eat anything but chicken nuggets and buttered noodles.
365 Beef Taquitos contain 280 calories, 16 grams of fat, and 240 milligrams of sodium in a serving of three.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts