DALLAS (KRLD) – From legendary musical acts to comedy and family events, there’s a lot happening across north Texas this weekend! Tasha Stevens gets you ready for a beautiful fall weekend.
– I challenge you to NOT automatically start singing the Judas Priest song in your head when you hear the words uttered “Breaking the Law”. If you were a teenage guy in the 80’s, or a really cool teenage girl like me, you were all over this band. I bet you even have your own personal copy of Heavy Metal Parking Lot, which featured the JP fans hanging out in the parking lot before the show. BE one of those fans Thursday night at the Allen Event Center.
– You watched this guy for 22 years on the Tonight Show and now you can see him up close and personal. See Jay Leno Thursday at Bass Hall.
– Here is a much needed warm and fuzzy for you. FidoFest is happening this Saturday in Flower Mound. The 8th annual Fido Fest will be at 10 a.m. at Westchester Park, 3901 Churchill. The day begins with a dog walk through the trails of Flower Mound. There will also be a demonstration by the Frisbee dogs from the Dallas Dog and Disc Club and a chance to meet the Denton County Sheriff K-9 unit.
– Two big movies open this weekend. “Interstellar” stars Texas boy Matthew McConaughey in a thriller about a mission to save the human race. The other movie is good family flick. “Big Hero 6″ is a good action-packed comedy everyone will enjoy.
– Don’t tell me it is too early for Christmas stuff! I know for a fact that at least 4 houses in Frisco already have their Christmas lights up. The Junior League of Collin County hosts the 19th annual ‘Neath the Wreath Holiday Gift Market Thursday through Sunday at Plano Centre.
– I have 7 furry baby rescues, so you know I am taking part in National Animal Shelter and Rescue Appreciation Week. You can as well. Saturday is Richardson’s 10th Annual “Animal Love” City Wide Pet Day from 10 to 4 at Huffhines Park on N Plano Road. They’ll have a pet parade, music and Critterman.
– I guarantee you that there is a Lionel Richie memory for every year that I was in school. Check him out Friday night at Choctaw Casino. If it sells out, stand outside and listen while you play the slots.
– Break out those boxers, drawers, skivvies and undies and take part in this Saturday’s Dallas Undy Walk-Run at River Legacy Park in Arlington. The Undy 5000 is a family-friendly run/walk created by the Colon Cancer Alliance. Come on. You know you have run around in your undies in the past.
– If you are a lover of a guitar played well, be at Verizon Friday night for the one and only Joe Bonamassa. If you love Blues and Rock, you will love Joe.
– You know you have made it big when you only need to use one name. See Reba (as in McEntire) at Winstar Saturday night.
– Long before my guys in Winger and Dokken were sporting the spandex, this lady was rocking a black pair up on the big screen that had the guys losing their minds. Who knew Sandy in Grease could go from geek to goddess with just a pair of black pants and red heels. See the lady responsible for a gazillion girls going on crash diets Friday night at the Winstar. Check out Olivia Newton John.
– I’m not easily made to feel uneasy by musical acts, but an upside down cross on the face tends to send me in that direction. See King Diamond at the House of Blues Thursday night.