- World Coconut Day
- Blueberry Popsicle Day
Take a Hot Air Balloon at the Temecula Valley Balloon and Wine Festival
Recipe of the day
- La Tomatina, Spain’s 70th Annual Tomato-Throwing Festival, Is Today’s Google Doodle
- The Craziest Corn Mazes in America
- From Farms to Orchards: The Top Places to Pick Apples in America
- This Unbelievable Bacon Brisket Bomb Won First Place at the Iowa State Fair
- The Food Film Festival: Where You Can Eat Whatever You See on Screen
How often can you see wine country from the sky? Thanks to this wekeend's Temecula Valley Balloon and Wine Festival, you can take a balloon ride while taking in SoCal's best wineries.
The 29th annual festival has 40 hot air balloons on tap to go up over Lake Skinner and Temecula wine country at dawn on Saturday and Sunday. Afraid to go up in the air? The festival also offers free tethered rides that last about 10 minutes.
As if it weren't cool enough to tour wine country by air, the festival's winery offerings on ground are just as good. On tap for the weekend: Twin Oaks Valley Winery, Oak Mountain Winery, Plateau Vineyards, and more.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts