Take a Hot Air Balloon at the Temecula Valley Balloon and Wine Festival
Recipe of the day
- Punta Mita Gourmet & Golf: A Sumptuous Event in Mexico
- The Romería, an Ancient Spanish Festival, Finds a New Home in South Carolina
- On a Fishing Charter with a Chef at Amelia Island, Florida
- Introduction to Memphis in May 2015, at the World’s Largest Pork BBQ Contest
- Fish to Fork Weekend Showcases Florida’s Culinary Talent
How often can you see wine country from the sky? Thanks to this wekeend's Temecula Valley Balloon and Wine Festival, you can take a balloon ride while taking in SoCal's best wineries.
The 29th annual festival has 40 hot air balloons on tap to go up over Lake Skinner and Temecula wine country at dawn on Saturday and Sunday. Afraid to go up in the air? The festival also offers free tethered rides that last about 10 minutes.
As if it weren't cool enough to tour wine country by air, the festival's winery offerings on ground are just as good. On tap for the weekend: Twin Oaks Valley Winery, Oak Mountain Winery, Plateau Vineyards, and more.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts