Taco Bell Employees Cut Through the Beef
Today on The Daily Meal
- Cook and Janitor of Nursing Home Kept Working without Pay Because 'If We Left, They Wouldn't Have Nobody'
- Outpouring of Appreciation for Cook and Janitor Who Stayed Behind at Shuttered Nursing Home (and How You Can Help)
- America’s Unhealthiest Fast Foods
- Best Turkey Tips for Thanksgiving
- 8 Irish Whiskies Beyond Jameson
Amidst the bevy of criticism surrounding the quality of their seasoned beef, Taco Bell is launching a marketing campaign this week that aims to set the record straight. The "Talk" campaign will include a series of TV, radio, and internet spots featuring the Taco Bell employees who prepare the meat in question.
The advertisements show youthful workers in their Taco Bell uniforms explaining that their seasoned beef contains 88% premium ground beef and 12% seasonings, spices, and water. They go on to urge skeptics to look at the recipe published on the Taco Bell website for further information about the cooking process.
The commercials also feature an offer for an 88¢ Crunchwrap Supreme at participating Taco Bell locations nationwide from February 27th through March 5th. The 88¢ is meant to represent the 88% premium ground beef used in their seasoned beef recipe.
The Daily Byte is a regular column dedicated to covering interesting food news and trends across the country. Click here for previous columns.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts