- Moldy Cheese Day
Sweetlife 2013: Salads and 'Stoner Party Food'
Recipe of the day
- A Michelin-Star Chef Is Making a Burger at a Shake Shack in London for 1 Day Only
- 10 Unique KFC Meals from Around the World
- Rooms with a Story: A Grand Swiss Hotel Brings History to Life
- This Restaurant Made a Trump Burger to Celebrate the UK’s National Burger Day
- Which Mayonnaise-Heavy Condiment is Called ‘American Sauce’ in Germany?
Last Saturday festival-goers headed 40 minutes outside of Washington, D.C. for food and music at the Sweetlife Festival at Merriweather Post Pavilion, braving the rain to hear bands like Passion Pit and Phoenix perform live.
But of course, as the festival is put on by salad purveyor Sweetgreen (prompting some nicknames like Salad Fest 2013), the food lineup was pretty stellar, almost on par with the likes of Lollapalooza and Outside Lands.
More than 40 restaurants and food trucks from the Washington, D.C., Baltimore, and New York areas headed out to Merriweather, including José Andrés' Pepe food truck, Erik Bruner-Yang's Toki Underground, and New York's 'wichcraft. R.J. Cooper from Rogue 24 was on site to cook some arancini balls, macaroni and cheese, and all sorts of carb-heavy "stoner festival food," as he calls it (which is exactly what you need), while 'wichcraft surprised everyone by pulling out a whole suckling pig mid-festival.
Meanwhile, Toki Underground was serving smoked pig heads and shaved ice, plus a Pho Dog, while Rappahannock Oysters shucked raw oysters and sold crabcakes for $10 a pop. Check out our shots of the food and music at Sweetlife in our slideshow.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts