Sushi Roll Gets Launched Into Space
Today on The Daily Meal
- Cook and Janitor of Nursing Home Kept Working without Pay Because 'If We Left, They Wouldn't Have Nobody'
- Outpouring of Appreciation for Cook and Janitor Who Stayed Behind at Shuttered Nursing Home (and How You Can Help)
- 8 Irish Whiskies Beyond Jameson
- America’s Unhealthiest Fast Foods
- 8 Great Thanksgiving Toasts for Every Family
A while back, Natty Light became the first beer to go to space, so maybe this is the first sushi roll to ever get launched beyond the Earth's atmosphere.
Restaurant chain Sticky Rice had their Godzirra roll somehow stay together on a plate while launching it into space, and the resulting footage is pretty epic.
The roll (with crunchy shrimp, avocado, cream cheese, spicy sauce, and cucumbers, with tempura and tobiko) holds up pretty well throughout the flight, which makes us think it's no longer edible. But we get it, space shots are cool.
The Daily Byte is a regular column dedicated to covering interesting food news and trends across the country. Click here for previous columns.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts