Sushi Roll Gets Launched Into Space
Today on The Daily Meal
Recipe of the day
- KFC Has Really Outdone Itself with the DoubleDown Dog
- Woman Gets Bag of Cash from Burger King Drive-Thru
- Reports About New Restaurant By 'Jiro Dreams of Sushi' Chef and Restaurateur Alessandro Borgognone May Be Inaccurate
- The Most Iconic Dishes of ‘Molecular Gastronomy’
- Why You Shouldn't Go to a Restaurant on Valentine's Day
A while back, Natty Light became the first beer to go to space, so maybe this is the first sushi roll to ever get launched beyond the Earth's atmosphere.
Restaurant chain Sticky Rice had their Godzirra roll somehow stay together on a plate while launching it into space, and the resulting footage is pretty epic.
The roll (with crunchy shrimp, avocado, cream cheese, spicy sauce, and cucumbers, with tempura and tobiko) holds up pretty well throughout the flight, which makes us think it's no longer edible. But we get it, space shots are cool.
The Daily Byte is a regular column dedicated to covering interesting food news and trends across the country. Click here for previous columns.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts