- World Water Week begins
Super Sweet Potato Salad
- 3 large sweet potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 3 Tablespoons apple cider vinegar or red-wine vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons orange juice
- 2 Tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 Teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 3/4 Teaspoons salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 Tablespoons canola oil
- 1 large Granny Smith apple, cored and cubed
- 1/2 Cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 Cup pecans, toasted and chopped coarsely
I use canola oil in this recipe because its mild flavor doesn't overpower the delicate sweetness of the dressing. Plus, it adds a boost of good nutrition and omega-3 fat! Fiber and vitamin-rich sweet potatoes are a tasty, healthy substitute for regular potatoes. Try it.
See all potato salad recipes.
Place the sweet potatoes in large saucepan. Add enough water to cover. Cover the saucepan and bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce the heat to medium-high and cook at a low boil until tender, about 10 minutes. Drain, transfer to large bowl, and let cool, about 5-10 minutes.
Meanwhile, whisk together the vinegar, orange juice, maple syrup, mustard, salt, and cinnamon in a bowl. Slowly whisk in canola oil until well blended. Set aside.
Add the apple, dried cranberries, and pecans to the sweet potatoes. Toss gently with the dressing. Serve warm or chilled.