Super Sweet Potato Salad
- 3 s large sweet potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 3 Tablespoons apple cider vinegar or red-wine vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons orange juice
- 2 Tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 Teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 3/4 Teaspoons salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 Tablespoons canola oil
- 1 large Granny Smith apple, cored and cubed
- 1/2 Cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 Cup pecans, toasted and chopped coarsely
I use canola oil in this recipe because its mild flavor doesn't overpower the delicate sweetness of the dressing. Plus, it adds a boost of good nutrition and omega-3 fat! Fiber and vitamin-rich sweet potatoes are a tasty, healthy substitute for regular potatoes. Try it.
See all potato salad recipes.
Place the sweet potatoes in large saucepan. Add enough water to cover. Cover the saucepan and bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce the heat to medium-high and cook at a low boil until tender, about 10 minutes. Drain, transfer to large bowl, and let cool, about 5-10 minutes.
Meanwhile, whisk together the vinegar, orange juice, maple syrup, mustard, salt, and cinnamon in a bowl. Slowly whisk in canola oil until well blended. Set aside.
Add the apple, dried cranberries, and pecans to the sweet potatoes. Toss gently with the dressing. Serve warm or chilled.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts