- Juan Mari Arzak born (1942)
Subway Workers Fired Because of X-Rated Bread, Photos
Recipe of the day
- Four Seasons’ DUO Pairs Locally Sourced Steaks and Seafood on Maui
- Live the High Life at SixtyFive in Rockefeller Center, Offering ‘Gin & Jazz’ Every Friday in August
- A New High-End Pizzeria Plans to Go National
- An Entirely Plant-Based Vegan Fast-Casual Restaurant Has Opened in New York City
- Japanese Mos Burger Chain Replaces Bun with Tomato
Yikes; two workers at a Columbus, Ohio, Subway were fired recently over another debacle of fastfood employees behaving badly. This time around, the Sandwich Artists were bragging on Instagram about some fairly phallic breads they made, as well as allegedly freezing their own urine.
HuffPost Weird News first received a tip-off, noticing several photos posted by the two workers on Instagram. In some photos, Subway's bread was shaped into penises. In another, a photo of a frozen waterbottle filled with a yellow fluid is followed by the caption "today at work I froze my pee."
In perhaps the most incriminating photo, a man rubbed his genitalia on a footlong bread, followed by the caption, "My name is @ianjett and I will be your sandwich artist today."
Naturally, when Subway got wind of these photos, they fired the two immediately. "This isolated incident is not representative of SUBWAY Sandwich Artists™. These actions are not tolerated and the franchisee took immediate action to terminate the two employees involved," a statement said. The offending photos have since been deleted, but it's the Internet. They'll be around for eternity.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts