A Student’s Essential Guide to London
Recipe of the day
- Del Frisco’s Grille in Dallas Offers Mouth-Watering Combinations, but Only for A Limited Time
- Here’s the Best Burrito in Miami
- New Yorkers, Don’t Rely on Seamless: Mayor Orders Delivery Bikes Off Streets
- Here’s the Best Burrito in New Orleans
- What’s Happening in DC: New Openings, New Chef Hires, and Barbecue Bashes
When students come to London, laying out cash for food is usually not the priority. Although the $1,000 plane ticket into Heathrow may be accompanied by the desire to try the delights that the English have to offer, the value of the British pound and the myth that English food is not very appetizing can cause some travelers to overlook the enormous variety of enjoyable food.
Contrary to popular belief, though, you could spend years trying all of the different cuisines and treats available in London and never get close to tasting everything. However, if you are studying in London or visiting the city for a limited time, there are a few stops that can't be missed, like a trip to the Golden Hind for fish and chips and afternoon tea at one of London’s most notable hotels.
Even if you don’t get around to trying any of these dishes, there is one more thing you absolutely must do: resist the urge to hit up chains like McDonalds or Chipotle! London has too much amazing and unique food for you to eat chicken nuggets and burrito bowls that you can get back home…
Check out our slideshow for proof!
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts