Starbucks Testing Sodas in Atlanta, Austin
Today on The Daily Meal
- Cook and Janitor of Nursing Home Kept Working without Pay Because 'If We Left, They Wouldn't Have Nobody'
- Outpouring of Appreciation for Cook and Janitor Who Stayed Behind at Shuttered Nursing Home (and How You Can Help)
- 8 Irish Whiskies Beyond Jameson
- America’s Unhealthiest Fast Foods
- 8 Great Thanksgiving Toasts for Every Family
Looks like the rumors were true: Starbucks is pushing forward with its new hand-crafted sodas, testing the new drinks out in stores in Atlanta and Austin.
The Wall Street Journal reports that the new drinks — root beer, ginger ale, and lemon-lime soda — are retailing for $2.45 for a tall, $2.95 for a grande and $3.45 for a venti in Atlanta. (Prices vary by regional markets.) It's the latest move for Starbucks to expand its reach beyond coffee. A Starbucks spokeswoman said to the Wall Street Journal that the company is interested in "understanding how this new product extension fits within our customers' daily routine throughout the day," and that it's too soon to tell whether the drinks are a success in its two markets so far. Will you be trying Starbucks' newest drinks, Austin and Atlanta residents?
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts