Starbucks Is Still the Most Popular Coffee Brand
Recipe of the day
- Starbucks Is Introducing a S’mores Frappuccino on April 28
- All Those Single-Serve Coffee Pods Are Hurting Coffee Farmers
- America’s 50 Best Coffee Shops
- Expanded Starbucks College Plan Offers Full Tuition at Arizona State University for All Employees
- Excessive Iced Tea Habit Blamed for Man’s Kidney Failure
In a recent poll from Poll Position, Starbucks ranked as the number one chain, followed by McDonald's, Dunkin' Donuts, Caribou Coffee, and Seattle's Best Coffee, in that order.
Some voters (14.5 percent) chose "some other shop," meaning any store other than the aformentioned five, and it received more votes than Caribou Coffee and Seattle's Best Coffee.
Funnily enough, this ranking doesn't apply to the over-65 crowd; they prefer McDonald's, then Dunkin' Donuts, and then Starbucks. Perhaps it's because they know something the younger generations don't? Or maybe the frappuccinos and whipped cream macchiatos just aren't their cup of joe.
Starbucks fans can partake in the "buy one get one free" deal on holiday drinks at Starbucks, everyday from 2 p.m. to 5 p.m. until Sunday, November 20.
The Daily Byte is a regular column dedicated to covering interesting food news and trends across the country. Click here for previous columns.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts