- First electric stove patented (1896)
Starbucks Menu at Home: Cake Pops
Recipe of the day
Most popular Stories
- Put It in a Watermelon: 10 Recipes That Can Be Served In a Watermelon Half
- 9 Recipes That Will Make Your Kid Feel Like a Real Chef
- 10 Fresh Fruit Salsa Recipes You’ll Need This Summer
- Earthy, Rich, and Bold: 11 Recipes That Will Make You Fall In Love with Coffee in a Whole New Way
- These Are the First 5 Recipes You Need to Teach Your Kids
If you love the cake pops at Starbucks but don't feel like going out to buy them, good news: you can make the Starbucks menu at home. In fact, cake pops are one of the easiest items to make on the Starbucks menu.
You can certainly bake cake or make frosting to use for the cake pops but store-bought or left-over versions work just as well and can be a huge time-saver. Start your Starbucks-Menu-at-Home cake pops by combining crumbled pieces of cake (any flavor) and the frosting of your choice in a large bowl. Use your hands to mix the two together until it becomes dough-like adding more frosting or cake pieces as needed. Once the dough will hold its shape, roll it into balls and place a stick into each cake ball.
Melt chocolate (or white chocolate) in the microwave, or over a double boiler on the stove. Dip each cake pop into the chocolate, allowing the excess chocolate to drop off. Then, place the cake pops on waxed paper (top with sprinkles if you'd like) and allow the chocolate to harden. Who knew making the Starbucks menu at home was so easy?
Kristie Collado is The Daily Meal's Cook Editor. Follow her on Twitter @KColladoCook.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts