Starbucks Lowering Its Bagged Coffee Prices
Recipe of the day
- What Did The World's Most Notorious Criminals Request for Their Last Meals?
- ‘World’s Hottest Burger’ is Doused in Hot Sauce and Literally Set on Fire
- KFC is Launching Edible Coffee Cups Made of Cookies and Chocolate
- Fermented Shark and 10 More of the World’s Stinkiest Foods
- Foods That Make You Feel Fuller Longer
Good news, frugal Starbucks lovers: you'll now be able to get Starbucks' bagged coffees for a little cheaper than you're used to.
The Associated Press reports that the $9.99 bags of coffee (both whole beans and ground) will now be sold for $8.99. The move is to stay competitve in the industry with commodity costs and increase the company's product sales, says the AP, but that doesn't necessarily mean you'll see a lower price. By saying that the new price is a "suggestion," retailers have the freedom to charge whatever they want for their products. So, don't count on it always being $8.99.
And of course, the new prices on bagged coffee don't affect the prices of coffee drinks. So while you'll save a buck on bagged coffee, you're still free to buy $7 cups of coffee (or $48.20 coffee drinks, if you're so inclined).
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts