- Albert Roux born
- Piereogi Day
Starbucks Lowering Its Bagged Coffee Prices
Recipe of the day
- This Is How Much Money You're Spending on Starbucks Each Month
- 10 Ways Coffee Can Save Your Life
- George Clooney Helps South Sudan Rebuild From Decades of War with Investment in Country’s Coffee
- Peet’s Coffee and Tea Buys Out Stumptown Coffee Roasters
- Microsoft’s Offices Have a Widespread ‘Orphaned Milk Carton’ Problem
Good news, frugal Starbucks lovers: you'll now be able to get Starbucks' bagged coffees for a little cheaper than you're used to.
The Associated Press reports that the $9.99 bags of coffee (both whole beans and ground) will now be sold for $8.99. The move is to stay competitve in the industry with commodity costs and increase the company's product sales, says the AP, but that doesn't necessarily mean you'll see a lower price. By saying that the new price is a "suggestion," retailers have the freedom to charge whatever they want for their products. So, don't count on it always being $8.99.
And of course, the new prices on bagged coffee don't affect the prices of coffee drinks. So while you'll save a buck on bagged coffee, you're still free to buy $7 cups of coffee (or $48.20 coffee drinks, if you're so inclined).
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts