Spruced Up Cocktail
We head to Aquavit for this Christmas cocktail recipe
Today on The Daily Meal
- Cook and Janitor of Nursing Home Kept Working without Pay Because 'If We Left, They Wouldn't Have Nobody'
- Outpouring of Appreciation for Cook and Janitor Who Stayed Behind at Shuttered Nursing Home (and How You Can Help)
- 8 Irish Whiskies Beyond Jameson
- 8 Great Thanksgiving Toasts for Every Family
- How to Cook Turkey Breast for Thanksgiving
Nothing says Christmas like a cocktail with a bit of Christmas tree in it. It might sound a bit too literal, but the result is actually a subtle cocktail that truly tastes like the holidays. There’s a bit of forward planning, since you have to make Spruce Aquavit, but there’s plenty of time between now and Christmas to get started!
Keri Levens, the beverage director at Aquavit, takes us through the steps for this holiday concoction!
- Add spruce tips to vodka for 1 to 2 weeks (depending on your preferred strength) to create Spruce Aquavit
- Combine 1.5 ounces Albrog, 1.5 ounces Spruce Aquavit, 1 ounce lingonberry syrup, juice of 1/2 lemon, and a pinch of cinnamon
- Shake well with ice and strain. Garnish with a spruce tip
Watch the video above for a full demo of this Swedish-inspired drink, or if you want to leave it to the pros you can head over to Aquavit and order one for yourself.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts