Sports Stars to Cook on 'Chopped' This Season
Recipe of the day
- What Did The World's Most Notorious Criminals Request for Their Last Meals?
- ‘World’s Hottest Burger’ is Doused in Hot Sauce and Literally Set on Fire
- KFC is Launching Edible Coffee Cups Made of Cookies and Chocolate
- Fermented Shark and 10 More of the World’s Stinkiest Foods
- Foods That Make You Feel Fuller Longer
- Acclaimed Chef Peter Chang is Opening a Fast-Casual Concept called Peter Chang Wok
- Obese Chef Dropped Nearly 300 Pounds After His Friend Sent Him Mean Texts Every Day for Six Weeks
- Alex Guarnaschelli Talks Her Upcoming Restaurant and Love for Chocolate
- Australian Celebrity Chef Mark Best Brings Down-Under 'Bistronomy' to Sydney
- Watch: Cronut Creator Dominique Ansel on the Nature of Invention
The world’s athletes have a lot of things going for them. But can they cook? It’d be fun if they couldn’t, because then the rest of us would have a good chance to watch celebrities burn things on the upcoming sports star theme episode of Chopped this season.
According to Food Network Gossip, the competitive cooking show will air a special one-off episode in September, where sports celebrities will face off over a stove to win money for charity. The competitors will include football player Tiki Barber, race car driver Danica Patrick, Olympic swimmer Natalie Coughlin, and bodyguard and amateur boxer Chuck Zito.
According to Food Network, the competitors "feel right at home in the kitchen," and the first course they tackle will involve salmon dishes. In the second round, we’ll get to see everybody stress out over chocolate-covered marshmallows, which are apparently very difficult to work with. For the finale, the competitors must figure out how to do something interesting with olive oil cake.
The episode is scheduled to air Sept. 3, and the sports stars will be competing to win money for their charities.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts