Spirited Cooking: Boozy Cupcakes
Recipe of the day
- The Best Food Safety Tips for Blizzards
- Gordon Ramsay and 9 Other Chefs Who Cheated Death
- Michael Moore, Seth Rogen Banned from Michigan Restaurant over ‘American Sniper’ Comments
- Healthy and Fast: Wholesome Meals You Can Make in 30 Minutes or Less
- What is the Most Nutritious Vegetable You Could Have?
The occasion — and, of course, your loved one — deserves an extra-special confection. We’re talking about making some spirited baked goods. These adult treats combine two of our favorite things, liquor and dessert. In the past, we’ve served sinfully good Bourbon, Vanilla, and Chocolate Milkshakes, a decadent Chocolate Whiskey Tart, and rich Almond Cognac Cookie Sandwiches.
But we wanted to whip up a new dish for the holiday, so we asked New York’s Prohibition Bakery for the recipe for one of their boozy creations. Co-owners Brooke Siem and Leslie Feinberg suggested their A Port in the Storm mini-cupcakes, which call for tawny port and coffee stout, plus dark cocoa powder, milk chocolate, and espresso.
After a few of these delicacies, we’re sure your sweetheart will be quite appreciative. You can thank us later.
Click here for the recipe for a Port in the Storm cupcakes.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts