Spirited Cooking: Boozy Cupcakes
Today on The Daily Meal
- Cook and Janitor of Nursing Home Kept Working without Pay Because 'If We Left, They Wouldn't Have Nobody'
- Outpouring of Appreciation for Cook and Janitor Who Stayed Behind at Shuttered Nursing Home (and How You Can Help)
- 8 Irish Whiskies Beyond Jameson
- America’s Unhealthiest Fast Foods
- 8 Great Thanksgiving Toasts for Every Family
The occasion — and, of course, your loved one — deserves an extra-special confection. We’re talking about making some spirited baked goods. These adult treats combine two of our favorite things, liquor and dessert. In the past, we’ve served sinfully good Bourbon, Vanilla, and Chocolate Milkshakes, a decadent Chocolate Whiskey Tart, and rich Almond Cognac Cookie Sandwiches.
But we wanted to whip up a new dish for the holiday, so we asked New York’s Prohibition Bakery for the recipe for one of their boozy creations. Co-owners Brooke Siem and Leslie Feinberg suggested their A Port in the Storm mini-cupcakes, which call for tawny port and coffee stout, plus dark cocoa powder, milk chocolate, and espresso.
After a few of these delicacies, we’re sure your sweetheart will be quite appreciative. You can thank us later.
Click here for the recipe for a Port in the Storm cupcakes.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts