Spicy Coconut Curry Pasta Recipe
Daily Value: 37%
Vegan, Vegetarian, Dairy-Free, Gluten-Free, Wheat-Free
|Folic Acid (B9)||37µg||9%|
|Fatty acids, total monounsaturated||2g||0%|
|Fatty acids, total polyunsaturated||0g||0%|
Exclusive from The Daily Meal
This one's got an extra kick to it. I used coconut milk and curry powder for a dairy-free creamy sauce that coats the pasta and then I spiced it on up with a lil' crushed red pepper, sweetened it with grapes and coconut flakes, and topped it off with a bright orange bell pepper.
See all curry recipes.
- 1 pound gluten-free pasta
- 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
- One 15-ounce can coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 large orange bell pepper, diced
- 1 pound red grapes
- 2 scallions, sliced thinly
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest, plus more for garnish
Bring a large pot of water to a boil over high heat and cook the pasta according to the package directions. Drain and set aside.
Meanwhile, combine the olive oil, coconut milk, and curry powder in a large pan over medium-low heat. Cook for 10 minutes, stirring often. Add the cooked pasta and cook for 2 more minutes.
Remove from the heat and transfer to a large serving bowl. Add the remaining ingredients and gently toss to combine. Serve warm. Garnish with additional lemon zest.
Total time: 22 minutes
Special Designations: Vegan, Vegetarian, Gluten-free