- Moldy Cheese Day
Spicy Black Bean and Corn Salsa
- 1 Cup corn on the cob
- 1 Cup black beans, canned
- black pepper
- kosher salt
- 3 chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- 2/3 Cups queso blanco
- 1 Tablespoon honey
- 2/3 Cups fresh cilantro
- 1/4 Cup fresh lime juice
- 2 roma tomatoes
- 1 Tablespoon adobo sauce from can of chipotles
- 2 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Braised Short Ribs of Beef for the Holidays
- Bow-tie Pasta Salad with sun-dried tomatoes, black olives, feta and spinach
- Chipotle Cheddar Cream Cheese Poppers
- 7 Layer Dip
- Citrus Poached Shrimp
- Ricotta and Pea Ravioli with Creamy Tomato Sauce
- Pistachio and Goat Cheese Crusted Lamb
- Beet Carpaccio with Blue Cheese Mousse
Spicy and fresh, this is a perfect side dish for taco night or an easy "chips and dip" appetizer. This dish packs some heat. Cut back on the chipotle peppers for a more mild taste if you prefer.
Stand the corncob upright on one end and use a knife to carefully shave the kernels off the cob. Place in a large bowl.
Strain the black beans through a colander, then rinse with cold water. Pat dry, then add the indicated amount to the bowl of corn.
Dice tomatoes, then add to corn mixture.
Prepare a food processor with the blade attachment.
Slice open chipotle peppers and scoop out seeds. Place peppers in food processor along with adobo sauce from the can. Avoid touching your face when handling peppers, and wash hands immediately after.
Trim cilantro leaves from the stems. Pack the measuring cup full, then add to the food processor along with the honey and fresh lime juice.
Process until mixture is almost smooth, then, with motor running, drizzle in olive oil.
Stop and scrape sides, then season with salt and pepper to taste. Pour into bowl of corn and black beans.
Stir corn and black bean mixture until sauce is well incorporated, then fold in the queso blanco.
Check final seasoning and add more salt and pepper if necessary, then cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
Transfer spicy black bean and corn salsa to a serving bowl or dinner plates. Ready to eat!