Spicy Baked Chicken Recipe
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Juice of 1 lemon
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon ground cumin
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne
- ¼ teaspoon turmeric
- ¼ teaspoon paprika
- 2 Thai chiles, roughly chopped (optional)
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1-1 ½ pounds organic chicken breast, washed and dried
- 1 pint grape tomatoes, pierced with a fork or knife
- Cucumber Yogurt with Dill
- Grilled Beef Tenderloin Tips
- Baked Asparagus with Fried Egg and Dill
- Canned Tuna Open-Faced Sandwich
- Kale, Mango, and Avocado Salad
- Strawberry and Ricotta Appetizer
- Raw Artichoke, Lemon, and Parmesan Salad
- Strawberry, Cheddar, and Chive Spring Salad
- Halibut Cheeks with Meyer Lemon and Basil Vinaigrette
Don't let the spices in this dish scare you away — if you have them in your pantry, then this is a quick, satisfying, and easy dish to make for dinner. You can eat the chicken breast as is or serve it with rice, toasted pita bread, or turn it in to a baked chicken sandwich (great for if there are leftovers).
Alternatively, you can just use your favorite spice blend instead of the mixture below and then bake the recipe the same way. But if you do make it as directed, make sure to wear gloves while coating the chicken with the spices otherwise the turmeric will stain your fingernails yellow, which is what happened to me because I completely forgot to follow my own advice...
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. In a mixing bowl, combine the first 9 ingredients. Then, add the chicken breasts and evenly coat the meat with the mixture (make sure to wear gloves per the note above). Add the tomatoes and mix together.
Arrange the meat and tomatoes on a foil-lined baking sheet, pouring any additional liquid on top. Bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes or until the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees. Serve immediately, spooning the pan juices over the meat or on top of rice if using.
Calories per serving:271 calories
Dietary restrictions:High Protein, Low Carb