- First electric stove patented (1896)
Spiced Cranberry Sauce with Pinot Noir
- 1 Tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 Cups cranberries
- 1 Tablespoon minced ginger
- 2 Cups pinot noir or other dry red wine
- 1 1/2 Cup sugar
- 3 Tablespoons chopped crystallized ginger
- 1 Teaspoon curry powder
- Large pinch of Chinese five-spice powder
- Salt and pepper, to taste
A hint of curry powder and Chinese five-spice powder, along with a nice splash of pinot noir, liven up a Thanksgiving essential. Don't leave the kitchen without it.
See all cranberry sauce recipes.
Heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add the cranberries and fresh ginger. Stir until the cranberries begin to burst, about 3 minutes. Add the wine and sugar. Boil until the mixture is reduced to 2 ½ cups, about 15 minutes. Add the crystallized ginger, curry powder, and five-spice powder. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.