Sopressata Mini Sandwiches
- 2 thick slices sopressata, quartered
- Sixteen 1/4-inch-thick slices crusty baguette
- Two 1/4-inch-thick slices unsalted fresh mozzarella, quartered
- 8 basil leaves
- 3 Tablespoons olive oil
- Foil-Baked Salmon with Mango, Chile, and Lime
- Grilled Eggplant with Feta and Cucumber
- Grilled Swordfish Sliders
- Cinnamon-Scented Millet with Grilled Summer Vegetables
- Penne with Cherry Tomatoes and Zucchini Blossoms
- Grilled Swordfish with Thai Dipping Sauce
- Bacon and Jarlsberg Grilled Cheese Sandwich
- 'No-Name' Hot Dog
- Grilled Fish with Watermelon Salsa
Ah, hot sopressata, fresh mozzarella, basil, perfectly crusted baguette, and cheap olive oil — what more could you possibly ask for? Not much. Note the use of unsalted mozzarella here, since the sopressata already contains plenty of salt.
See all sandwich recipes.
For each mini sandwich, place 1 piece of sopressata on a slice of baguette, followed by a piece of mozzarella and a basil leaf. Brush the top and bottom slices of bread with the olive oil. Repeat until there are 8 sandwiches.
Heat a 10-inch or larger skillet over medium heat. When hot, add the sandwiches and toast until golden brown, about 1-2 minutes. Flip carefully and toast the other side. Serve.
Calories per serving:270 calories
Dietary restrictions:Sugar Conscious, Kidney Friendly, Egg Free, Peanut Free, Tree Nut Free, Soy Free, Fish Free, Shellfish Free, Alcohol Free
Have a question about nutritional data? Let us know.