SNL's Best Moments in Food and Drink
Recipe of the day
- Former Cook Will Serve 4 Years in Jail for Spitting in Customer’s Food and Eluding Police
- Walmart Updates Animal Welfare Standards After Pork Distributor Accused of Animal Abuse
- What 'All-Natural' and 9 Other Food Labels Actually Mean
- Egg Shortage Looms Ahead As a Result of Devastating Bird Flu
- Petition Calls World’s 50 Best Restaurants Awards Sexist, Self-Pleasing, and Lacking Sanitary Criteria
Since it's premiere season in 1975, Saturday Night Live has served as a comical reflection of American popular culture. Whether its in their sketches, commercial parodies, or digital shorts, food and drink are often a hot topic on the show.
Just as the focus of the bits on SNL are inspired by current events and trends, sometimes moments on the show inspire tastemakers in return. Just this past week, Ben & Jerry's introduced Schweddy Balls, a new ice cream flavor based on an iconic SNL sketch featuring Alec Baldwin, Molly Shannon, and Ana Gasteyer.
Whether you're jonesing for a "cheeborger", a tall glass of bass, or a ham and Champagne cocktail, these notable Saturday Night Live moments are sure to satisfy your craving for comedy. Think we missed your favorite sketch? Note it below.
• The Olympia Restaurant
This legendary sketch features John Belushi, Dan Akroyd, and Bill Murray as the impatient employees of a Greek diner that serves only cheeseburgers, chips, and Pepsi. The Billy Goat Tavern in Chicago reportedly inspired the writer of the sketch, Don Novello.
• Duncan Hines Brownie Husband
This commercial parody struck a chord with single women everywhere. A spoof on the influx of microwavable single-serving desserts being touted by companies like Duncan Hines, the life-size Brownie Husband makes for the perfect companion. The short features shots of Tina Fey romantically embracing, and then devouring, her fudge-y lover.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts